Home>For Adults>Family Supports
Community-Based Family Services
As you and your family stretch into a new phase of life, sometimes assistance is essential. We understand that you are looking for a trusted resource, one that can match your schedule and your family’s lifestyle.
Looking Upwards’ services are based on our more than 35 years of experience in supporting people with developmental disabilities to live fulfilling lives. We’ll listen to how you want to spend your days and our staff will be there to help you to reach your goals.
You may be looking for opportunities to pursue your interests and be an active, productive member of your community. Perhaps you’d like to meet new people, take a class or join a club or civic organization. You may know exactly what you want. Or you may want help in exploring your options.
For example, we might assist you to:
- Try new experiences
- Enjoy physical activity
- Pursue your hobbies and interests
- Become active in your community
- Meet new friends
- Learn to manage your money
- Develop a self-care routine
What you can count on:
- As you and your family share what’s important to you, we will listen. We’ll help you explore and move towards your goals.
- Your personal safety is of the utmost importance and will be a focus throughout all we do together.
- We’ll encourage you to expand into new areas of growth.
- Our competent staff is fully-trained in important skill areas. You can depend on them to understand and support your individual needs.
We understand that each family has its own rhythms and ways of doing things. We know that every family is unique and quite often families are juggling many responsibilities. We’ll work with you to create a schedule for services that suits your needs. We know that you are counting on us, and we’ll provide services you can depend on.What to expect:
- We will create a partnership with you and your family.
- At the outset of services, we’ll listen carefully to what you want for your life.
- Together we’ll develop a personalized plan, which is called a support agreement.
- Your support team will include a service coordinator, director and direct support professionals.
- Your service coordinator will help map out a schedule with you and your family.
- During your scheduled hours, your services may vary from individualized to shared support.
- You must be approved for Community-Based Family Services through the State of Rhode Island Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD).
- Administrator, Michele Banks at 401-847-0960 ext. 26 or email Michele